Pierre is an artist based in Cape Town and the founder of Cinemuse Independent Cinema.
Upon completion of his engineering studies, he soon discovered that film and entrepreneurship can present him with a more meaningful platform to give expression to the ever unfolding discovery of what it means to be human.
Pierre is lucky to have a supportive and loving family, remarkable friends and access to inspiring mentors.
- His essay, “To Love" published on Arianna Huffington's Thrive Global as, "A Letter to Christian Parents." Nov 2017
- Photograph selected for the cover of "A Century of Symphony" for the Cape Philharmonic Orchestra. Available in all major bookstores.
- Interview for Cinemuse on Dagbreek (KykNet, DSTV) March 2014 >> watch
- Photography featured in Wine Spectator California July 2013
- Photography featured on Marie Claire South Africa 2013
- Interview for Cinemuse on De Kat TV (KykNet, DSTV) November 2013 >> watch
- Interview for Cinemuse in Elle Magazine 2011
- Interview for Cinemuse in Rapport, South African Nationwide Newspaper 2011
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.”
“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”
—Antoine de Saint-Exupery
From the Afrikaans language: 'To capture' or 'To be trapped.'
As the practice of mindfulness suggests, it is wise to become evermore aware of the mental constructs and narratives that we create and fall prey to.